We would like to invite you to attend this series of 3 short talks which provide solutions to some of the most common issues faced by small business owners.
Colin Wightman from Octopus investments will cover the following topics:
- The investment problems facing business owners
- Overview of tax efficient investment planning
- Extracting profits from a business
- How to sell a company tax efficiently
Nick Luxton from Stackhouse Poland Insurance Brokers will talk about:
- Buying the right business insurance policy: what is mandatory and what is advisable
- The questions every business owner should be able to say “yes” to
- What your broker should be doing for you and the pitfalls of the internet
- Attitude to risk and how this can reduce your premiums
- How you can make the insurance market work for you.
Chris Hughes from Kingston Smith Tax Advisers will cover:
- Dividend v Salary post 5/4/16 – Tax cost of traditional profit extraction
- Macro Alternative Extraction – (.i.e. structures to extract cash)
- Extracting cash using succession/sale planning
- Micro profit extraction – cars/school fee planning etc
An investment with St. James's Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds selected and may fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
Refreshments throughout the morning and a light buffet lunch will be provided.
If you would like to join us on the day please contact either:
ASAP but no later than 23 October 2015 in order to secure your place.
Seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis.